Wednesday 10 November 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Butch Huskey and Heather Williams.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1971 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Butch Huskey: Anadarko, Oklahoma -- Infielder (NY Mets).
- Heather Williams: Miss USA-Oregon (1997).
- Jennifer McFalls: US softball infielder (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kate Slatter: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Big Pun: Puerto Rican-American rapper (Born 1971).
- Holly Black: American journalist author and poet
- Walton Goggins: American actor and producer
- Magnus Johansson: Swedish footballer
- Niki Karimi: Iranian actress director and screenwriter
- Terry Pearson: American baseball player
- Walter Van Tilburg Clark: US Author (Ox-Bow Incident), dies at 62.
- Joe Torre wins NL MVP, Vida Blue wins AL MVP
- US table tennis team arrived in China
- The US Mint releases Eisenhower copper-nickel dollar coins to circulation.
- In Cambodia, Khmer Rouge forces attack the city of Phnom Penh and its airport, killing 44, wounding at least 30 and damaging nine aircraft.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Carpenters - Superstar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?