Sunday 8 July 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Langan Denver Colorado and Faye Emerson.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1917 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Glenn Langan Denver Colorado: USA; actor (Amazing Colossal Man, Margie).
- Faye Emerson: American actress seen in early TV.
- JF Powers: American novelist, satirist.
- James Powers: Jacksonville Writer.
- Pamela Brown: London, England -- Actress (Cleopatra, Beckett).
- J F: J. F. Powers American author and academic (d. 1999)
- Tom Thomson: Canadian painter (Born 1877).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hawaiian Butterfly - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?