Monday April 06, 1970
US date format: 4/6/1970, UK date format: 6/4/1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 6, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Oliver Miller and Olaf Kölzig.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Eden and After, directed by Alain Robbe-Grillet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Gang That Couldn'T Shoot Straight by Jimmy Breslin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching For the Love of Ada.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 06, 1970?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- See more
- BBC Radio 4 broadcasts the first edition of ''PM''.
- A huge gas explosion at a subway construction site in Osaka, Japan kills 79 and injures over 400.
- Israeli Air Force F4 Phantom II fighter bombers kill forty-seven Egyptian school children at an elementary school in what is known as Bahr el-Baqar massacre. The single-floor school was hit by five bombs and two air-to-ground missiles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 06, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Frijid Pink - House Of The Rising Sun
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- Bobby Sherman - Easy Come, Easy Go
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - ABC
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Gotta Hold On To This Feeling
- Aretha Franklin - Call Me
- Little Sister - You're The One-Part II
- The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof
- The Originals - The Bells
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- James Brown - It's A New Day (Part 1) & (Part 2)
- Doris Duke - To The Other Woman (I'm The Other Woman)
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 06If April 06, 1970 is your birthday you're 50 years, 5 months, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 9 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 06, 1970?
On April 06, 1970 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is April 06, 1970?
On April 06, 1970 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 06, 1970?
On April 06, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 06, 1970?
On April 06, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 06, 1970?
On April 06, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on April 06, 1970?
On April 06, 1970 several famous people were born including, Oliver Miller, Olaf Kölzig, Olaf Kolzig.
Which famous people died on April 06, 1970?
Famous people died on April 06, 1970 include, Maurice Stokes, Sam Sheppard.
What was the number one song in April 06, 1970?
The number one song in the week of April 06, 1970 was Let It Be by The Beatles in US and Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel in UK.
What were the top hits on April 06, 1970?
The top hits on April 06, 1970 were Let It Be by The Beatles, ABC by The Jackson 5, Instant Karma (We All Shine On) by John Ono Lennon in US and Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel, All Kinds Of Everything by Dana, Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum in UK.