Monday 13 April 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ramona Reuter and Rick Schroder in Staten Island.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Colossus: The Forbin Project, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1970 ?
- Ramona Reuter: Miss New York-USA (1997).
- Rick Schroder in Staten Island: New York, USA; actor (Ricky-Silver Spoons, Champ, Earthling).
- Eddie Robinson NFL linebacker (Houston Oilers: Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Szilveszter Csollany: Hungarian gymnast.
- Ricardo Rincon: Mexican baseball player.
- Eddie Robinson: American athlete, line backer. He played for the Tennessee Titans for eight seasons and was released as a free agent on February 28, 2002. The Buffalo Bills then signed him to a two-year contract.
- Rick Schroder: American child-to-adult actor, known for roles in "Silver Spoons," "The Champ," 1979, the TV mini-series "Lonesome Dove," and "NYPD Blue," where he appears as Det. Danny Sorenson.
- Ricky Schroder: Movie Actor
- Monty Brown: American football player and wrestler
- Gerry Creaney: Scottish footballer and manager
- Szilveszter Csollány: Hungarian gymnast
- Ricardo Rincón: Mexican-American baseball player
- Greek composer Mikis Theordorakis is freed.
- 34th Golf Masters Championship: Billy Casper wins, shooting a 279.
- An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
- Rev. Ian Paisley wins a by-election to gain a seat in the House of Commons of Northern Ireland.
- The National Westminster Bank begins trading in the United Kingdom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 April 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?