Saturday 18 April 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Antipin and Francois Leroux in Ste-adele.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Selling Of The President 1968 by Joe McGinniss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1970 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Vladimir Antipin: Hockey defenseman (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998).
- Francois Leroux in Ste-adele: Quebec, Canada; NHL defenseman (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Heike Friedrich: in East Germany; swimmer (world record 200 metre).
- Peter Giles in London: Ontario, Canada; kayaker (Olympics-1996).
- William Roaf: NFL tackle (New Orleans Saints).
- Carl Simpson: NFL defensive tackle (Chicago Bears).
- Mathilde Laurent: French perfumer who worked for Guerlain and now for Cartier. In 2010 she won the Grand Prix du Parfum for Treizième Heure a parfum she created for the house of Cartier.
- Luis Miguel: Mexican singer. An icon in Latin America, he is often referred to as El Sol de México, and he's one of the most successful artists in Latin American history, having successfully performed in a wide range of musical styles, including pop, ballads, boleros and mariachi. To date, Luis Miguel has sold over 100 million records worldwide.
- Rico Brogna: American baseball player and coach
- Greg Eklund: American drummer and guitarist (Everclear and The Oohlas)
- Saad Hariri: Saudi Arabian-Lebanese businessman and politician 66th Prime Minister of Lebanon
- François Leroux: Canadian ice hockey player and radio host
- Lisa LoCicero: American actress
- Esther Schweins: German actress and comedienne
- Tatiana Stefanidou: Greek journalist and talk show host
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?