Monday 6 January 1964, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Maske and Denise Borino.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tenkes kapitánya.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1964 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Henry Maske: German boxer.
- Denise Borino: American actress (d. 2010).
- Yuri: Mexican actress and singer.
- Loïc Courteau: French tennis player, who reached a career-high singles ranking of World No.
- Konnan : Cuban-American wrestler and sportscaster.
- Charles Haley: NFL defensive end (Dallas Cowboys).
- Jacqueline Moore: American wrestler and manager
- Richard Nerurkar: English runner
- Mark O'Toole: English bass player
- Rafael Vidal: Venezuelan swimmer and sportscaster (d. 2005)
- Edgar Maass: German/US author (Verdun), dies at age 67.
- Charlie Finlay announces he wants to move Kansas City Athletics to Louisville.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?