Saturday 18 January 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jenny Holliday and Brady Anderson in Silver Spring.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Mr. Limpet, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while I Owe Russia $1200 by Bob Hope was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1964 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Jenny Holliday: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Brady Anderson in Silver Spring: Maryland, USA; outfielder (Baltimore Orioles).
- Brady Anderson: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder who played for the Boston Red Sox (1988), Baltimore Orioles (1988–2001), and Cleveland Indians (2002).
- Enrico Lo Verso: Italian film actor, who studied acting at Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia and INDA (Istituto Nazionale del Dramma Antico).
- Paul Marceau: American Project Manager at Edgewater Technology in Wakefield, MA.
- Richard Dunwoody: Irish jockey and sportscaster
- Jane Horrocks: English actress and singer
- Andrea Leand: American tennis player
- Enrico Verso: Italian actor
- Beatles 1st appear on Billboard Chart (I Want to Hold Your Hand-#35)
- Plans for the World Trade Center announced (New York City, New York, USA).
- Plans to build the New York World Trade Center are announced.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?