Wednesday 6 January 1965, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay H Burns and Jose Dejesus.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Not Only... But Also.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1965 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Lindsay H Burns: Big Timber, Montana -- Rower (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Jose Dejesus: US baseball pitcher (Kansas City Royals).
- Tim McDonald: NFL player (San Francisco 49ers).
- Konnan: Cuban-born professional wrestler.
- Bj?rn Lomborg: Danish political scientist and public policy activist.
- Muhammed al-Ahari: American author and scholar
- Laurence Hurst: English biologist and academic
- Bjørn Lomborg: Danish author and academic
- Murray McLachlan: Scottish pianist
- Christine Wachtel: East German running star (world indoor record 800m).
- Geoff Boycott takes 3-47 against South Africa, his best Test bowling.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- The Impressions - Amen
- The Larks - The Jerk
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Julie Rogers - The Wedding
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?