Sunday January 06, 1980, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/1980, UK date format: 6/1/1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Steed Malbranque and Sam Sallon.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Please Don't Go by K.C and the Sunshine Band.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Just Tell Me What You Want, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Anatomy Of An Illness by Norman Cousins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Millionenbauer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Castle or Dragster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 1980?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
- Global Positioning System time epoch begins at 00:00 UTC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 06, 1980?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Styx - Babe
- Commodores - Still
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
Top #9 songs in the UK
- St Winifred's School Choir - There's No One Quite Like Grandma
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
- Abba - I Have A Dream
- Abba - Super Trouper
- The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket
- Fiddler's Dram - Day Trip To Bangor
- Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry
- The Tourists - I Only Want To Be With You
- Madness - Embarrassment
Sport Games on January 06, 1980
- Houston Oilers - Pittsburgh Steelers : 13 - 27
- Los Angeles Rams - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 9 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?