Wednesday 6 January 2010, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Spy Next Door, directed by Brian Levant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while True Compass by Edward M. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiere bis unters Dach.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Century's Episode: R or Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 January 2010 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- Heritage Numismatic Auctions sells at public auction a US 1874 Bickford gold $10 pattern for US$1,265,000. The Reed Hawn US 1913 Liberty Head 5-cent coin sells for $3,737,500.
- The Ady Gil, a ship owned by Sea Shepherd, is sunk during a skirmish with the Japanese Whaling Fleet's Shonan Maru.
- Extreme weather across Europe leads to dozens of deaths, including at least 122 in Poland and at least 7 as a result of an avalanche in Switzerland. (BBC)
- At least 25 people are killed and at least three others are trapped in a mine fire in Xiangtan County in Hunan. (''Times of India'')
- Iris Robinson, the wife of Northern Ireland's First Minister, admits having previously attempted suicide. Her husband Peter Robinson gives an emotional interview in which he speaks of being ampquotdeeply hurtampquot after learning of her extramarital affair. (RTÉ)
- Yemen arrests three suspected Al-Qaeda members, including one leader, northwest of the capital Sana'a. (AFP)
- 50-year-old Chinese journalist Li Junqi is imprisoned for 16 years after accepting bribes for his part in a mass three-month cover-up of a coal mine disaster in Hebei in which 35 people, including a rescue worker, were killed prior to the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. (Press Trust of India)
- The Dauletabad – Salyp Yar gas pipeline between Turkmenistan and Iran is opened. (Channel News Asia)
- Three soldiers are killed and 11 wounded in a bomb attack in Pakistan-administered Kashmir. (Xinhua)
- At least six police officers are killed and another 16 injured in a suicide car bomb attack in Dagestan, southern Russia. (BBC)
- Palestinians kill an Egyptian border guard and 50 people are injured in clashes between pro-Palestinian activists and Egyptian police as a Viva Palestina convoy nears the border with Gaza. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Japanese Finance Minister Hirohisa Fujii resigns at the age of 77 due to ill health. (Kyodo)
- The U.S. government lowers the threshold for information deemed important enough to put suspicious individuals on a watch list or no-fly list, or have their visa revoked. (CNN)
- China becomes the largest exporting country, pushing Germany from first place. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Ex-Cabinet Ministers Geoff Hoon and Patricia Hewitt call for a secret ballot to settle the debate over the leadership of the Labour Party of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. (BBC)
- China's tourism revenue hits USD 185 billion in 2009. (Xinhua)
- Computer scientist Fabrice Bellard claims he has computed π to almost 2.7 trillion digits. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 January 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Napoli : 0 - 2
- Bari - Udinese : 2 - 0
- Cagliari - Roma : 2 - 2
- Catania - Bologna : 1 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Giannina - Xanthi : 0 - 0
- Iraklis - Panthrakikos : 3 - 1
- Olympiakos - AEK : 1 - 2
- Panathinaikos - Ergotelis : 4 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Papers - Usher
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Ludacris - How Low
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Baby By Me - 50 Cent Featuring Ne-Yo
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Equivocada - Thalia
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A 333,000-square-foot dealership in Manhattan will have five levels, two of which will be above ground and have glass walls on three sides. [..]
U.A.W. Local 1112, long a thorn in General Motors’ side, is now working with the automaker to ensure its success and protect union members’ jobs. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $66.27
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $70.56
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $52.53
- 1 CHF = 6.6429 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.616 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9946 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.28 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?