Saturday 6 January 1979, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Camila Grey .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
Every Which Way But Loose, directed by James Fargo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pusteblume.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monaco GP or Asteroids.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1979 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Chic - Le Freak
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Toto - Hold The Line
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Linda Ronstadt - Ooh Baby Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 6 January 1979 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?