Tuesday 6 November 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricky Romero and Sebastian Schachten.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run) by Billy Ocean.
In UK I Feel For You by Chaka Khan was in the top 5 hits.
A Nightmare on Elm Street, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 7 Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ballblazer or Gauntlet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1984!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 November 1984 ?
Famous Birthdays:06 November
- Gaston Suarez: Bolivian novelist and dramatist (Born 1929).
- President Reagan (R) landslide (won 49 states) re-election over Mondale (D)
- Willie Hernandez wins AL MVP Award
- In the USA, voters approve introduction of state lotteries in California, Oregon, Missouri, and West Virginia. Pari-mutuel racing betting is approved in Missouri. Colorado and Arkansas defeat proposed casino introductions. Oregon votes to amend constitution to prohibit casinos.
- U.S. presidential election: Ronald Reagan defeats Walter F. Mondale with 59 percent of the popular vote, the highest since Richard Nixon's 61 percent victory in 1972. Reagan carries 49 states in the electoral college; Mondale wins only his home state of Minnesota by a mere 3,761 vote margin, and the District of Columbia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me
- David Bowie - Blue Jean
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
- Dennis DeYoung - Desert Moon
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?