Sunday 11 November 1984, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Beatrice Bofia and William Senne.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run) by Billy Ocean.
In UK I Feel For You by Chaka Khan was in the top 5 hits.
Night of the Comet, directed by Thom Eberhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while First Among Equals by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 7 Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mr. Do's Wild Ride or Oh Mummy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 November 1984 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Beatrice Bofia: Cameroonian-American basketball player.
- William Senne: American charged with drunken driving, negligent driving, speeding and breakdown lane violations when his car rammed a state trooper’s vehicle parked alongside the road, sending her to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- Stephen Hunt: English footballer.
- Birkir Sævarsson: Icelandic footballer.
- Martin Luther King: Sr.
- 3 Musketeers opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 9 performances
- Reverend Martin Luther King Sr dies in Atlanta, Georgie, USA at age 84.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me
- David Bowie - Blue Jean
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
- Dennis DeYoung - Desert Moon
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1984
- Buffalo Bills - New England Patriots : 10 - 38
- Chicago Bears - Los Angeles Rams : 13 - 29
- Dallas Cowboys - St. Louis Cardinals : 24 - 17
- Denver Broncos - San Diego Chargers : 16 - 13
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?