Sunday November 11, 1984, Veteran's Day
US date format: 11/11/1984, UK date format: 11/11/1984
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 11, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Beatrice Bofia and William Senne.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run) by Billy Ocean.
In UK I Feel For You by Chaka Khan was in the top 5 hits.
Night of the Comet, directed by Thom Eberhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Loving Each Other by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pogo 1104.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Match Day or Dropzone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 11, 1984?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- See more
- 3 Musketeers opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 9 performances
- Martin Luther King: Sr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 11, 1984?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me
- David Bowie - Blue Jean
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
- Dennis DeYoung - Desert Moon
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on November 11, 1984
- Buffalo Bills - New England Patriots : 10 - 38
- Chicago Bears - Los Angeles Rams : 13 - 29
- Dallas Cowboys - St. Louis Cardinals : 24 - 17
- Denver Broncos - San Diego Chargers : 16 - 13
- Detroit Lions - Washington Redskins : 14 - 28
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?