Thursday October 06, 1983
US date format: 10/6/1983, UK date format: 6/10/1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 6, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Renata Vorácová and Renata Voráčová.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
Never Cry Wolf, directed by Carroll Ballard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Out On A Limb by Shirley MacLaine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Our Luck.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flappy or Kool-Aid Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 06, 1983?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- New York Jets announce they are leaving Shea Stadium for the Meadowlands Coliseum.
- Buffalo Bills' quarterback Joe Ferguson passes 419 yards with five touchdowns.
- Terence Cooke: American cardinal archbishop (Born...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 06, 1983?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Frank Stallone - Far From Over
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James - Cold Blooded
- Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
- The Gap Band - Party Train
- Klique - Stop Doggin' Me Around
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - You're Number One (In My Book)
- Herbie Hancock - Rockit
- Jeffrey Osborne - Don't You Get So Mad
- The S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good To Me
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Philip Bailey - I Know
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 06If October 06, 1983 is your birthday you're 36 years, 11 months, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 06, 1983?
On October 06, 1983 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is October 06, 1983?
On October 06, 1983 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 06, 1983?
On October 06, 1983 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 06, 1983?
On October 06, 1983 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 06, 1983?
On October 06, 1983 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 06, 1983?
On October 06, 1983 several famous people were born including, Renata Vorácová, Renata Voráčová, George Zimmerman.
Which famous people died on October 06, 1983?
Famous people died on October 06, 1983 include, Terence Cooke.
What was the number one song in October 06, 1983?
The number one song in the week of October 06, 1983 was Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler in US and Karma Chameleon by Culture Club in UK.
What were the top hits on October 06, 1983?
The top hits on October 06, 1983 were Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler, Making Love Out Of Nothing At All by Air Supply, King Of Pain by The Police in US and Karma Chameleon by Culture Club, They Don't Know by Tracey Ullman, Modern Love by David Bowie in UK.