Tuesday 6 September 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angelica Raven and Pippa Middleton.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Cannibal Ferox, directed by Umberto Lenzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dishaster or Lords of Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1983 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Angelica Raven: American porn star of Native American descent.
- Pippa Middleton: Sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
- Braun Strowman: Wrestler.
- Dimitri Champion: French professional bicyclist.
- Czech tennis star Martina Navratilova requests political asylum in New York
- USSR admits to shooting down KAL 007 on 9 / 2
- The Soviet Union admits to shooting down Korean Air Flight KAL-007, stating that the pilots did not know it was a civilian aircraft when it violated Soviet airspace.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 September 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?