Thursday 5 June 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 5, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurie Anderson and Jack-Alain Léger.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1947 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Laurie Anderson: American experimental performance artist, composer and musician who plays violin and keyboards and sings in a variety of experimental music and art rock styles.
- Jack-Alain Léger
- Jojon : Indonesian comedian and actor (d. 2014).
- Eric Molobi: South Africa -- Activist (ANC).
- David Hare: Playwright (Strapless, Plenty, Wetherby, Fatale).
- Tom Evans: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Badfinger) (d. 1983).
- Caroline Eliacheff: French psychoanalyst and psychiatrist.
- Sec of State George C Marshall outlines Marshall Plan
- American Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs George Marshall announces the European Recovery Program, known as the Marshall Plan.
- Marshall Plan: In a speech at Harvard University, United States Secretary of State George Marshall calls for economic aid to war-torn Europe.