Sunday 8 February 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Czerny and Ricardo Gallego.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK One Night / I Got Stung by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Third Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1959!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 February 1959 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Henry Czerny
- Ricardo Gallego
- Mauricio Macri: Argentine businessman and politician, and Head of Government of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
- Damir Maricic: Croatian footballer.
- Irina Kalinina: USSR -- Springboard diver (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Pamela Jean Bryant: Indianapolis, Indiana -- Playmate (April, 1978).
- Heinz Gunthardt: in Switzerland; tennis star.
- William J "Wild Bill" Donovan: Office Strategic Services, dies at age 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?