Monday 15 April 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wayne Gilchrest and Mireille Guiliano.
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Der Augenzeuge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1946 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Mireille Guiliano: Author.
- Wayne Gilchrest: American politician (Representative-Republican-Maryland).
- John Lloyd: Scottish journalist and author.
- Pete Rouse: American White House Chief of Staff to President Obama.
- Michael Tucci: American actor and singer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Merry Macs
- Laughing On The Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Dinah Shore
- Cement Mixer (Put-ti Put-ti) - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra