Sunday 8 February 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Cola and Stephanie Courtney.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Venus by The Shocking Blue.
In UK Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Grows) by Edison Lighthouse was in the top 5 hits.
The Party at Kitty and Stud's, directed by Morton Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Woodlanders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1970!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1970 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Barbara Cola: Italian singer of popular music.
- Stephanie Courtney: TV Actress.
- John Filan: Australian footballer and coach.
- Alonzo Mourning: American basketball player.
- Zoubin Ghahramani: Professor of Information Engineering University of Cambridge.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- Tom Jones - Without Love (There Is Nothing)
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Guess Who - No Time
- The Archies - Jingle Jangle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?