Monday 8 February 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Roses by Leila Meacham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SciGirls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue or Blaster Master: Overdrive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 8 February 2010 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 February
- John Murtha: American colonel and politician (d. 2010).
- US Democratic Representative John Murtha, chairman of the House of Representatives defense appropriations subcommittee, dies at age 77, from complications related to gallbladder surgery.
- The NASA space shuttle Endeavour blasts off from Florida, carrying six astronauts on a voyage to install the last two main pieces of the International Space Station.
- A freak storm in the Hindukush mountains of Afghanistan triggers a series of at least 36 avalanches, burying over two miles of road, killing at least 172 people and trapping over 2,000 travellers.
- Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir could still face charges of genocide in Darfur. (BBC)
- Dr. Conrad Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in pop singer Michael Jackson's death. (BBC)
- The sodomy trial of Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim is halted after his lawyers attempt to have the judge removed. (UPI)
- Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Yanukovych appears to win the 2010 presidential election, with 98% of the ballots counted. (''The Hindu'')
- At least 17 Indian soldiers are killed in an avalanche in Kashmir. (BBC)
- The World Health Organisation confirms that a cholera outbreak which has spread along the north coast of Papua New Guinea has hit more than 2,000 people, killing around 50 of them. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A colony of Galapagos Islands sea lions relocate 1,500 kilometres, the first time they have set up a colony outside the islands. (BBC)
- The Boeing 747-8 takes its maiden flight, lasting just under four hours.
- A series of avalanches at the Salang tunnel in Afghanistan is presumed to kill 64 people, with at least 400 injuries reported. (''Toronto Sun'')
- Reform of the banking system was one of the key themes at this year’s World Economic Forum in Davos. European Parliament Vice-President Silvana Koch-Mehrin said ampquotThere was general disapproval of the disproportionate self-rewarding in the banking sectorampquot. (Gov Monitor)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 February 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Munich 1860 - Ahlen : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Arles - Caen : 0 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Colchester - Southend : 2 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Gallipoli - Grosseto : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?