Sunday 22 February 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominic Roussel in Hull and Brian Glazer.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Grows) by Edison Lighthouse was in the top 5 hits.
Au Hasard Balthazar, directed by Robert Bresson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Gang That Couldn'T Shoot Straight by Jimmy Breslin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nase malo misto.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1970!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1970 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Dominic Roussel in Hull: Quebec, Canada; NHL goalie (Winnipeg Jets).
- Brian Glazer: American who landed a spot on a TV reality show.
- Adam Keefe: American basketball player: forward, Jazz.
- Nicole Oliver: Voice Actor.
- Ravi Vakil: Canadian-American mathematician and academic.
- Charles Aznavour closes at Music Box Theater NYC after 23 performances
- Guyana becomes a Republic within the Commonwealth of Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band
- The Guess Who - No Time
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Temptations - Psychedelic Shack
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?