Monday 8 April 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Havlicek in Martin's Ferry and Jean-Philippe Douin.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1940 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Havlicek in Martin's Ferry: Ohio, USA; NBA hall-of-famer (Boston Celtics).
- Jean-Philippe Douin: French Air Force general.
- Hondo Havlicek: American athlete who specialized in basketball and had a long career with the Boston Celtics from 1962-78.
- John Havlicek: Martins Ferry sports Champions.
- Germany battle cruisers sink British aircraft carrier Glorious
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?