Monday 8 April 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Havlicek and Jean-Philippe Douin.
Two Girls on Broadway, directed by S. Sylvan Simon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1940 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Havlicek: Martins Ferry sports Champions.
- Jean-Philippe Douin: French Air Force general.
- John Havlicek in Martin's Ferry: Ohio, USA; NBA hall-of-famer (Boston Celtics).
- Hondo Havlicek: American athlete who specialized in basketball and had a long career with the Boston Celtics from 1962-78.
- Germany battle cruisers sink British aircraft carrier Glorious