Wednesday 8 July 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Knepper and Billy Kimball.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
A Hole in the Head, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Folk Medicine by Deforest Clinton Jarvis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juke Box Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1959 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Robert Knepper: American actor.
- Billy Kimball: American screenwriter and producer.
- Pauline Quirke: English actress and screenwriter.
- Dale Buisand: and Chester Ovnand are first Americans killed in Vietnam War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Frankie Avalon - Bobby Sox To Stockings
- Connie Francis - Frankie
- Fabian - Tiger
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?