Tuesday 28 July 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William T Vollman and Ilia Consolo.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while What We Must Know About Communism by Harry and Bonaro Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oh Boy!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1959 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- William T Vollman: American novelist and essayist.
- Ilia Consolo: French astrologer and writer, author of "Un battement d'amour" (2004), a love story written as a long poem, and "L'enseignement de la crèche" (2005).
- William Vollmann: American journalist and author.
- Great-Britain starts using postal codes
- Hawaii's first US election sends first Asian-Americans to Congress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Fabian - Tiger
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
- Lloyd Price - Personality
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?