Saturday 8 September 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Eastern Promises, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lud, zbunjen, normalan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Coded Arms: Contagion or 300: March to Glory.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 September 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 September
- Ramon Cardemil: Chilean huaso (Born 1917).
- Ang Lee's spy thriller ''Lust, Caution'' wins the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival. (Reuters)
- The Red Cross recovers the bodies of 11 Colombian legislators who were shot while being held hostage by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). (AP via Google)
- Former President of Argentina Carlos Menem is charged with involvement in the illegal sale of weapons to Ecuador and Croatia. (BBC News via ABC News Australia)
- Justine Henin of Belgium wins the U.S. Open women's tennis singles championship defeating Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia 6-1 6-3 in the final. (Associated Press via Google)
- Morocco's conservative Istiqlal Party, a member of the kingdom's ruling coalition, wins most seats in parliamentary elections, according to provisional results released by the government (Reuters)
- At least 18 people are injured in a car bomb blast in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Islamic insurgency in Algeria (2002-present):
- Al Qaeda's North African wing al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility for the bombing and a bombing in Batna less than 48 hours earlier. (Reuters)
- At least 85 Hindu pilgrims have died after a lorry accident in India. (Wikinews) (BBC)
- Subtropical Storm Gabrielle is upgraded to a tropical storm as it approaches the eastern United States coastline. (NOAA)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo:
- The President of Uganda Yoweri Museveni and the President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Joseph Kabila meet in Tanzania to discuss the future of oil-rich Lake Albert. (BBC)
- Leaders at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Sydney considers an aspirational climate change target of a 25% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 September 2007
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Celta - Eibar : 0 - 1
- Gimnastic - Castellon : 1 - 0
- Granada 74 - Tenerife : 4 - 1
- Malaga - Cordoba : 4 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Northwich : 5 - 0
- Altrincham - Oxford : 1 - 3
- Crawley Town - Droylsden : 5 - 0
- Exeter - Cambridge : 1 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Carlisle - Tranmere : 0 - 1
- Crewe - Huddersfield : 2 - 0
- Leeds - Hartlepool : 2 - 0
- Leyton Orient - Bournemouth : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Accrington - Grimsby : 4 - 1
- Dag and Red - Barnet : 1 - 1
- Hereford - Macclesfield : 0 - 1
- Rotherham - Darlington : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?