Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on September 8. From 1900 until now.
September 8 is under the sign of Virgo.
Famous birthdays on this day include Pink (singer) (1979), Bernie Sanders (1941) and Wiz Khalifa (1987).
Several movies were released around September 8 over the years, such as Das Boot in 1981 directed by Wolfgang Petersen and A Streetcar Named Desire in 1951 directed by Elia Kazan.
But much more happened on September 8 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around September 8 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of September 8?
- 2018 Taliban insurgents attacked a checkpoint in the western province of Afghanistan of Herat killing 9 and injuring 6 the militants suffered 10 losses as well. (VOA)
- 2017 Pope Francis pastoral visits: Pope Francis, responding to FARC rebel leader Rodrigo Londoño's open letter asking for forgiveness for the suffering the group had inflicted on the country during his talk in Villavicencio, urges Colombians skeptical of the peace deal to be open to reconciliation. (Reuters) (Salem Radio Network)
- 2016 War in Afghanistan (2001–present): Taliban militants storm the city of Tarinkot, the provincial capital of Afghanistan's Urozgan Province, with fighting reported on multiple fronts throughout the city. Local officials flee to the nearby Tarinkot Airport for shelter. (The Los Angeles Times)
- 2015 Turkey–PKK conflict: Turkey bombs PKK sites in northern Iraq after a bombing yesterday in Hakkâri Province that killed at least 16 soldiers. (BBC)A PKK bombing attack on a minibus in the eastern Iğdır Province near the Armenian border kills 14 Turkish police officers. (Reuters)
- See more
American hip-hop artist.
British-American actor, a comedy and...
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 8 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
- 2016 The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey - Closer
- 2015 OMI - Cheerleader
- 2014 Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
- 2013 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
- 2012 Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
- 2011 Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
- 2010 Eminem - Love The Way You Lie
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- 2008 T.I. - Whatever You Like
- See more
Top #1 Rock songs
- 2017 Imagine Dragons - Believer
- 2016 twenty one pilots - Heathens
- 2015 WALK THE MOON - Shut Up And Dance
- 2014 Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High)
- 2013 Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
- 2012 Green Day - Oh Love
- 2011 Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- 2010 Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- 2009 Linkin Park - New Divide
Which were the most popular books released around September 8 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel