Monday 9 June 1997
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anastasia Karanikolaou .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK Mmm Bop by Hanson was in the top 5 hits.
Hercules, directed by Ron Clements, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Heart of a Woman by Maya Angelou was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing G-Darius or Gokujou Parodius.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1997!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1997 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- British lease on New Territories in Hong Kong expires
- Detroit Tigers bat out of order against Oakland Athletics in 1st inning
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1997
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Hanson - MMMbop
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
- Changing Faces - G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?