Sunday 15 June 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geko .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK Mmm Bop by Hanson was in the top 5 hits.
My Best Friend's Wedding, directed by P.J. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Without a Doubt by Marcia Clark with Teresa Carpenter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Earth or Final Fantasy VII.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1997!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1997 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Little Foxes, closes at Vivian Beaumont Theater NYC after 56 performances
- 97th US Golf Open: Ernie Els shoots a 276 Congressional Country Club - Bethesda, Maryland
- British model Naomi Campbell, hospitalized on drug overdose
- Danielle Ammaccapane wins Edina Realty LPGA Classic
- Du Mauier Senior Golf Champions
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1997
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Hanson - MMMbop
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
- Changing Faces - G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?