Saturday 9 May 1992
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Gutierrez and Dan Burn.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Jump by Kris Kross.
In UK Deeply Dippy by Right Said Fred was in the top 5 hits.
Lethal Weapon 3, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while All Around The Town by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Wakefield's Crusade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcade Smash Hits or Challenge of the Five Realms: Spellbound in the World of Nhagardia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1992 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:09 May
- Mike Tyrell [Red Baron]: British air acrobat, dies in an accident.
- America Cup finals begin in San Diego
- Final episode of Golden Girls airs on NBC-TV
- Michelle McLean, 19, of Namibia, crowned 41st Miss Universe.
- Armenian forces capture Shusha, marking a major turning point in the Karabakh War.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is adopted in New York
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Joe Public - Live And Learn
- TLC - Ain't 2 Proud To Beg
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?