Tuesday 9 May 2000US date format: 5/9/2000, UK date format: 9/5/2000
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Maria, Maria by Santana.
In UK Bound 4 Da Reload (Casualty) by Oxide & Neutrino was in the top 5 hits.
Requiem for a Dream, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How Much Do You Love Me?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army Men: Air Tactics or Chicken Run.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 2000 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- Arthur Davis: United States federal judge.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Solo Me Importas Tu [Be With You] - Enrique Iglesias
- Te Hice Mal - Los Temerarios
- Quiereme - Alejandro Fernandez
- Volver A Amar - Cristian
- Luis Miguel - Amarte Es Un Placer
- Que Alguien Me Diga - Gilberto Santa Rosa
- Gloria Estefan - No Me Dejes De Querer
- Conjunto Primavera - Morir De Amor
- El Liston De Tu Pelo - Los Angeles Azules
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $67.69
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $42.63
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $62.38
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $135.40
- 1 JPY = 1.57 CHF
- 1 JPY = 0.6 GBP
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?