Monday 9 November 2015US date format: 11/9/2015, UK date format: 9/11/2015
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 2015). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hello by Adele.
Relentless Justice, directed by David A. Prior, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2015
On TV people were watching Kaleidoscope.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armikrog or Fire Emblem Fates.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 2015
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2015!
Which were the important events of 9 November 2015 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- A World Anti-Doping Agency investigation into a Russian doping scandal recommends the suspension of Russian athletes from international competition and lifetime bans for five athletes, four coaches and an administrator. Among the athletes are London Olympic medalists Mariya Savinova-Farnosova and Ekaterina Poistogova. (AP via ABC News America)
- The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) says greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere reached a record high in 2014 and the relentless fueling of climate change is endangering the planet for future generations. (Scientific American) (USA Today)
- The United Kingdom House of Commons passes the Scotland Bill devolving powers to Scotland. (BBC)
- United to End Genocide, an American-based human rights group, in the aftermath of the country’s historic election, warns that ethnic and religious tension in Myanmar could boil over and lead to violence. (The Washington Post)
- Myanmar's ruling Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP) concedes defeat in Sunday's first free nationwide election in a quarter of a century. Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy (NLD), which has won 49 of the first 54 declared seats for the 330-seat lower house, appears headed for a landslide victory that would ensure it forms the next government. (Reuters) (Tribble Agency)
- The Catalan Parliament passes a resolution calling for the Catalonian region to secede from Spain. Spanish prime minister Mariano Rajoy says his government will seek to invalidate the motion with an appeal to the Constitutional Court in the coming days. (AP) (Reuters) (The Himalayan Times)
- The U.S. Court of Appeals in New Orleans, Louisiana, in a 2-1 decision, upholds a lower court’s injunction that blocks implementation of an Executive order to shield from deportation millions of undocumented immigrants who entered the United States as children. The White House is considering an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. (Reuters) (The Washington Post)
- In the United States, the University of Virginia fraternity that was the subject of a Rolling Stone article about a brutal campus rape, filed a $25 million defamation lawsuit against the magazine and the article's writer. (NBC News) (The Washington Post)
- Federal district court judge Richard Leon rules the National Security Agency’s bulk collection of U.S. phone records is unconstitutional. This ruling has limited impact since it applies to only one case, and the NSA is scheduled to replace this protocol with a more targeted system the end of this month. (Reuters) (Foreign Policy)
- Detainees at Australia's Christmas Island Immigration Reception and Processing Centre riot, following the death of an asylum seeker. (The Australian)
- Human Rights Watch releases a report finding, because of a language barrier, integration issues, and financial difficulties, more than 400,000 Syrian refugee children in Turkey are not able to attend school despite the Turkish government allowing them access to the Turkish schooling system. (AP)
- Syrian Civil War: Human Rights Watch releases a report finding, because of a language barrier, integration issues, and financial difficulties, more than 400,000 Syrian refugee children in Turkey are not able to attend school despite the Turkish government allowing them access to the Turkish schooling system. (AP)
- Slovenia tightens controls over its Schengen border with Croatia due to concerns of an influx of migrants. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- European migrant crisis: Slovenia tightens controls over its Schengen border with Croatia due to concerns of an influx of migrants. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- Megh is expected to cross the Yemen coast Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Arabia Standard Time (6:00 a.m. UTC). In the Gulf of Aden, the storm has maximum sustained winds of 111 km/h (69 mph), gusting to 130 km/h (81 mph). Its strength will significantly erode once it makes landfall and continue to decay after it moves inland into the dry and rugged terrain of Western Yemen. It is not expected to track back over water. (United States Naval Observatory) (Regional Specialized Meteorological Center)
- Cyclone Megh had sustained winds of 204 km/h (127 mph), the equivalent of a Category 3 hurricane, when it hit the island of Socotra. According to AFP, Megh killed six, injured dozens with three reported missing and 5,000 people forced to leave their homes. (Reuters) (USA Today) (Al Jazeera) (AFP via Yahoo)
- The German airline Lufthansa suspends 929 flights leaving 113,000 passengers stranded as a result of a cabin crew strike. (AFP via Yahoo! finance)
- Amedeo Modigliani's 1917 painting Nu couché sells at an auction at Christie's for $170.4 million, the second highest price for a painting on record. (New York Times)
- In the U.S., after mounting criticism over his handling of racial issues, University of Missouri System president Tim Wolfe announces his resignation; the Board of Curators votes to accept his resignation. R. Bowen Loftin, chancellor of the flagship Columbia campus, announces he will step down from his post by the end of the year. (ESPN) (USA Today) (ABC News)
- 2015 University of Missouri protests: In the U.S., after mounting criticism over his handling of racial issues, University of Missouri System president Tim Wolfe announces his resignation; the Board of Curators votes to accept his resignation. R. Bowen Loftin, chancellor of the flagship Columbia campus, announces he will step down from his post by the end of the year. (ESPN) (USA Today) (ABC News)
Sport Games on 9 November 2015
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- St Pauli - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 4 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao B - Llagostera : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Nancy - Dijon : 3 - 1
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Panetolikos - Giannina : 2 - 1
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2015 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Hotline Bling - Drake
- The Weeknd - The Hills
- 679 - Fetty Wap Featuring Remy Boyz
- Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
- Watch Me - Silento
- Jumpman - Drake & Future
- Alessia Cara - Here
- Downtown - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz
- Hit The Quan - iLoveMemphis
- Trap Queen - Fetty Wap
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ginza - J Balvin
- El Perdon - Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias
- Propuesta Indecente - Romeo Santos
- Sunset - Farruko Featuring Shaggy & Nicky Jam
- Borro Cassette - Maluma
- La Gozadera - Gente de Zona Featuring Marc Anthony
- Te Metiste - Ariel Camacho y Los Plebes del Rancho
- Piensalo - Banda Sinaloense MS de Sergio Lizarraga
- Cual Adios - Banda Clave Nueva de Max Peraza
- Hilito - Romeo Santos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Elle King - Ex's & Oh's
- Renegades - X Ambassadors
- Shut Up And Dance - WALK THE MOON
- Uma Thurman - Fall Out Boy
- Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At The Disco
- twenty one pilots - Stressed Out
- Someone New - Hozier
- First - Cold War Kids
- S.O.B. - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
- Cecilia And The Satellite - Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $108.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $85.73
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $100.60
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $14.25
- 1 CNY = 1.3623 SEK
- 1 CHF = 8.6301 SEK
- 1 CHF = 16.7199 MXN
- 1 CHF = 6.34 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?