Saturday 14 November 2015US date format: 11/14/2015, UK date format: 14/11/2015
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 14, 2015). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hello by Adele.
Relentless Justice, directed by David A. Prior, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2015
On TV people were watching Kaleidoscope.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma or Downwell.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 November 2015
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 2015!
Which were the important events of 14 November 2015 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 November
- A team of scientists from the United States and Europe are predicting that declining snowpacks on mountain ranges could lead to Northern Hemisphere water shortages by the year 2060. (Insight Ticker) Science Monitor)
- Police in South Korea fire tear gas and water cannons at anti-government protesters in Seoul. Around 70,000 people took part in the protests, the largest in Seoul since the 2008 US beef protest in South Korea. (Christian Science Monitor).
- Scott N. Johansen, a Utah Juvenile Court judge, reverses his original order to remove a foster child from same sex-parents. The state Division of Child and Family Services and foster parents all filed motions asking for the reconsideration and promising an appeal. The new decision eliminates the phrase, "It is not in the best interest of children to be raised by same-sex couples" and strikes an order for the child to be placed with a non-same-sex couple. (New York Times)
- Indonesia announces that it is planning to take China to court over the Natuna Islands. (Forbes)
- China–Indonesia relations, Territorial disputes in the South China Sea: Indonesia announces that it is planning to take China to court over the Natuna Islands. (Forbes)
- Four people are killed after a light aircraft crashes near the village of Churchstanton in Somerset. (BBC)
- Ten people are dead and eleven injured after a high-speed TGV train catches fire and derails near the northeastern French city of Strasbourg. (Independent) (BBC)
- Eckwersheim derailment: Ten people are dead and eleven injured after a high-speed TGV train catches fire and derails near the northeastern French city of Strasbourg. (Independent) (BBC)
- The U.S. Geological Survey reports a magnitude 6.7 earthquake struck off the southwest coast of Japan. The quake occurred 119 miles (191 km) west-southwest of Kagoshima. The Pacific Tsunami Center reported no major tsunami threat. A small tsunami, 30 centimeters (11.8 inches), was observed on the southern island of Nakanoshima. No reports of major damage or injuries. (Reuters) (AP via Marysville Appeal-Democrat)(AFP via Channel News Asia)
- During a raid on a suspected ISIL hideout in the city of Gaziantep (Antep), a suicide bomber fires on Turkish police before he explodes, wounding five police officers, one seriously. (Al Jazeera)
- Turkish troops kill four Islamic State militants in Turkey's southeastern Gaziantep Province when two cars with ISIS passengers advanced on a Turkish armored vehicle near a border post in Oğuzeli. (Daily Sabah)
- Kurdish Peshmerga forces discover a mass grave believed to contain the remains of more than 70 members of Iraq's Yazidi minority, mostly women, east of the recently liberated town of Sinjar. (Reuters via The Huffington Post)
- Iraqi Civil War (2014–2017), Persecution of Yazidis by ISIL: Kurdish Peshmerga forces discover a mass grave believed to contain the remains of more than 70 members of Iraq's Yazidi minority, mostly women, east of the recently liberated town of Sinjar. (Reuters via The Huffington Post)
- A U.S. airstrike on a compound in the Libyan port city of Derna is said to have killed Wisam al Zubaidi, also known as Abu Nabil al-Anbari, who commands the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's branch in Libya. A Pentagon official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss details of the operation, said the airstrike involved F-15 aircraft and was believed to have killed Zubaidi. He said the attack had been planned for some time. (The Washington Post) (BBC)
- Poland's recently elected government led by Law and Justice (PiS), declares it will no longer accept EU-mandate quotas for refugees following the terrorist attacks in France. (RT)
- A Syrian passport is found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday's attacks in Paris. The holder passed through the Greek island of Leros on October 3 as a refugee, according to Greek officials. A Greek police source said the passport's owner was a young man who had arrived in Leros with a group of 69 refugees and had his fingerprints taken by authorities there. Police declined to give his name. (Reuters) (ABC News Australia)
- The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant releases an official statement and video, claiming responsibility for the attacks. (The Jerusalem Post)
- Thousands are turning to social media (#PorteOuverte/twitter) to check-in on loved ones in the area, many using Facebook's "Safety Check" feature. (CBS News)
- French President François Hollande announces the cancellation of his participation at the G-20 Antalya summit in order to focus on the attacks. (Reuters via Channel News Asia)
- Michel Cadot, the head of the Paris Police Prefecture, says that all the attackers are believed to be dead. (The Guardian)
Sport Games on 14 November 2015
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alaves - Girona : 1 - 0
- Albacete - Tenerife : 1 - 2
- Leganes - Alcorcon : 3 - 0
- Lugo - Elche : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barrow - Torquay : 4 - 0
- Boreham Wood - Chester : 0 - 0
- Bromley - Altrincham : 1 - 3
- Forest Green - Dover Athletic : 3 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Falkirk - Alloa : 5 - 0
- Morton - Queen of Sth : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Airdrie Utd - Dunfermline : 0 - 2
- Ayr - Albion Rvs : 1 - 0
- Cowdenbeath - Brechin : 3 - 0
- Stenhousemuir - Forfar : 2 - 2
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2015 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Hotline Bling - Drake
- The Weeknd - The Hills
- 679 - Fetty Wap Featuring Remy Boyz
- Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
- Watch Me - Silento
- Jumpman - Drake & Future
- Alessia Cara - Here
- Downtown - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz
- Hit The Quan - iLoveMemphis
- Trap Queen - Fetty Wap
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ginza - J Balvin
- El Perdon - Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias
- Propuesta Indecente - Romeo Santos
- Sunset - Farruko Featuring Shaggy & Nicky Jam
- Borro Cassette - Maluma
- La Gozadera - Gente de Zona Featuring Marc Anthony
- Te Metiste - Ariel Camacho y Los Plebes del Rancho
- Piensalo - Banda Sinaloense MS de Sergio Lizarraga
- Cual Adios - Banda Clave Nueva de Max Peraza
- Hilito - Romeo Santos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Elle King - Ex's & Oh's
- Renegades - X Ambassadors
- Shut Up And Dance - WALK THE MOON
- Uma Thurman - Fall Out Boy
- Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At The Disco
- twenty one pilots - Stressed Out
- Someone New - Hozier
- First - Cold War Kids
- S.O.B. - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
- Cecilia And The Satellite - Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 1 CHF = 16.5807 MXN
- 1 CHF = 6.331 CNY
- 1 CAD = 12.5321 MXN
- 1 CAD = 4.7846 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?