Tuesday 10 January 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tamina Snuka and Brent Smith.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Baby Come Back by Player.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All Creatures Great and Small.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avalanche or Depth Charge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1978!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1978 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Tamina Snuka: Wrestler.
- Brent Smith: American singer (Shinedown).
- Johan van der Wath: South African cricketer.
- Soyuz 27 carring 2 Cosmonauts to Salyut 6 space station, launched
- Don Gillis, US composer (Symphony #5 1/2), dies at age 65.
- Pedro Joaquín Chamorro Cardenal, a critic of the Nicaraguan government, is assassinated. Riots erupt against Somoza's government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
- Shaun Cassidy - Hey Deanie
- Bob Welch - Sentimental Lady
- Styx - Come Sail Away
- Queen - We Are The Champions
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?