Sunday 29 January 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debora Lamm and Ingrid Paquet.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Baby Come Back by Player.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Honorable Schoolboy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Les Dawson Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air-Sea War - Battle (Europe) Armored Encounter! / Subchase! (US) or A Game of Concentration.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 January 1978 ?
- Debora Lamm
- Ingrid Paquet: French noted family, the daughter of Gill and Huguette Paquet.
- Rob Bironas: American football player (d. 2014).
- Martin Schmitt: German ski jumper.
- Brian Windhorst: American journalist.
- Tim McCoy: Actor (Arizona Bound), dies at 86.
- Joanne Carner wins Colgate Triple Crown Match-Play Golf Championship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Styx - Come Sail Away
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?