Saturday 11 April 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Sebastiani and John[ny] Sheffield in Pasadena.
City Streets, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 April 1931 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Sergio Sebastiani
- John[ny] Sheffield in Pasadena: California, USA; American actor (boy in many Tarzan movies).
- Lewis Jones: Welsh rugby player and coach.
- Johnny Sheffield: Pasadena, California -- Actor (Boy-Tarzan Finds a Son).
- Koichi Sugiyama: Japanese composer and conductor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Somebody Loves You - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?