Monday 11 April 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Bastiat and Mark Fiedler.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1949 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Jean Bastiat: French rugby player who has had numerous selections in the French team XV to play as 2nd row.
- Mark Fiedler: American keyboard player; trombone at age 12 then bass.
- Pierre Bastiat: .
- Bernd Eichinger: German film producer and director (Born 1949).
- Carl Franklin: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Tetsuya Takeda: Japanese singer and actor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 April 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Vic Damone - Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?