Monday 11 April 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Bastiat and Mark Fiedler.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while Modern Arms And Free Men by Vannevar Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 April 1949 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Jean-Pierre Bastiat
- Mark Fiedler: American keyboard player; trombone at age 12 then bass.
- Bernd Eichinger: German film producer and director (Born 1949).
- Carl Franklin: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Tetsuya Takeda: Japanese singer and actor.
- Pierre Bastiat
- Jean Bastiat: French rugby player who has had numerous selections in the French team XV to play as 2nd row.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Vic Damone - Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?