Monday 11 April 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Bastiat and Mark Fiedler.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1949
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 11 April 1949. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1949 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Jean-Pierre Bastiat
- Mark Fiedler: American keyboard player; trombone at age 12 then bass.
- Bernd Eichinger: German film producer and director (Born 1949).
- Jean Bastiat: French rugby player who has had numerous selections in the French team XV to play as 2nd row.
- Tetsuya Takeda: Japanese singer and actor.