Thursday 11 November 1993, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sally Jo and Camille Hyde.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf.
In UK I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf was in the top 5 hits.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life in the Freezer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barney's Hide & Seek or Cyber Sled.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1993!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1993 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:11 November
- Pope John Paul II hospitalized for 2 days for fractured shoulder
- Disney announces plans to build a 150-acre amusement park called Disney's America with a history theme in Piedmont, Virginia. The 3,000 acre, US$650 million development would also include a campground, golf course, 2500 homes, and two million square feet of office/commercial space.
- A sculpture honoring women who served in the Vietnam War is dedicated at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1993
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Seattle SuperSonics : 102 - 115
- Detroit Pistons - Los Angeles Clippers : 99 - 111
- Indiana Pacers - New Jersey Nets : 108 - 105
- Milwaukee Bucks - Miami Heat : 103 - 116
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?