Tuesday 9 November 1993
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Purpdrank and BB The Jerk .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf.
In UK I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf was in the top 5 hits.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Hidden Life Of Dogs by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching UFC PPV Events.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dashin' Desperadoes or Day of the Tentacle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1993!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 November 1993 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:09 November
- Cinderella opens at New York State Theater NYC for 14 performances
- Serbian army fires on school in Sarajevo, 9 children died
- Stari most, the ''old bridge'' in Bosnian Mostar built in 1566, collapses after several days of bombing.
- Microsoft releases Windows 3.11 for Workgroups to manufacturing.
- Sri Lankan civil war ndash Battle of Pooneryn: Over 400 Sri Lankan military are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 November 1993
- Charlotte Hornets - Cleveland Cavaliers : 108 - 113
- Denver Nuggets - Seattle SuperSonics : 86 - 118
- Houston Rockets - Golden State Warriors : 102 - 93
- Indiana Pacers - Orlando Magic : 98 - 104
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?