Monday 11 November 2002, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Robison .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Dilemma by Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland was in the top 5 hits.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 3-South.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Antz Extreme Racing or Cherry Petals Fall Like Teardrops.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2002!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2002 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Charles Robison: American noted family, the first child of Dixie Chick Emily Robison and her husband, Charlie Robison.
- A three day general strike begins in Nepal. According to ''Outlook India'', ampquotthe capital Kathmandu virtually came to a standstillnbsp... Maoists have called the strike to oppose the King's appointment of Lokendra Bahadur Chand... as prime minister after dismissing the government of Sher Bahadur Deuba.ampquot Also, 30 Maoist guerrillas were killed in a renewed assault on the revolutionary forces the country's government is currently fighting against. See also politics of Nepal.
- The Burrell affair takes a turn for the worse as further scandalous rumours begin to circulate about the British royal family and their servants.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 2002
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Ein Trier : 1 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Wolves - Brighton : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Siena - Catania : 4 - 3
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Gil Vicente - Belenenses : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?