Thursday 8 December 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Kufuor and Jean-Paul Goude.
Pygmalion, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 December 1938 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- John Kufuor
- Jean-Paul Goude: French graphic designer, illustrator, photographer, and advertising film director, born to an American mother (former Broadway dancer).
- Highest temperature for December in US recorded in La Mesa, California.
- LP Beria follows Nikolai Jezjov as head of Russian secret police.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Umbrella Man - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?