Sunday 12 January 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jocelyn Thibault in MontrTal and Chase Hampton in Oklahoma City.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by Elton John.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Dogs Of War by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Dog of Flanders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crash 'N Score or Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 January 1975 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Jocelyn Thibault in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; NHL goalie (Montreal Canadiens).
- Chase Hampton in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; rocker (Party-Rodeo, "That's Why").
- Jason Freese: American saxophonist songwriter and producer.
- Jocelyn Thibault: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Caryn Campbell disappears from Snowmass: Colorado, USA (Ted Bundy victim).
- Super Bowl IX: Pittsburgh Steelers beat Minnesota Vikings, 16-6 in New Orleans, Louisiana; Most Valuable Player: Franco Harris, Running Back.
- Chrysler Corp offers first car rebates.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Ringo Starr - Only You
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Paul Anka - One Man Woman/One Woman Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 January 1975
- Minnesota Vikings - Pittsburgh Steelers : 6 - 16
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?