Monday 12 January 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mighty McGee and Miki Nakatani.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Write The Songs by Barry Manilow.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Humboldt'S Gift by Saul Bellow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A fondo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dukedom or Blockade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 January 1976 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Mighty McGee: American slam poet, the first to win both the American National Poetry Slam Individual Grand Championship (2003) and the Individual World Poetry Slam Championship (2006).
- Miki Nakatani: Japanese actress and singer.
- Agatha Christie: British writer of some 67 detective mystery books that are universally popular.
- The UN Security Council votes 11-1 to allow the Palestine Liberation Organization to participate in a Security Council debate (without voting rights).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sailor - Glass Of Champagne
- Abba - Mamma Mia
- Laurel & Hardy With The Avalon Boys featuring Chill Wills - The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- In Dulce Jubilo / On Horseback - Mike Oldfield
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?