Thursday 12 January 1995
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurel McGoff .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men.
In UK Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex was in the top 5 hits.
The Usual Suspects, directed by Bryan Singer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Book Of Virtues by William J. Bennett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bir Demet Tiyatro.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer or Biomechanical Toy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1995!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1995 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Laurel McGoff: American reality show contestant.
- Major earthquake kills 5,092 in Kobe, Japan.
- Murder trial against OJ Simpson begins in Los Angeles, California.
- Pope John Paul II begins visit to Southeast Asia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 January 1995
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Phoenix Suns : 107 - 96
- Dallas Mavericks - Denver Nuggets : 78 - 94
- Miami Heat - San Antonio Spurs : 108 - 113
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?