Wednesday 12 May 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Luner and Tommy Johnson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Greening Of America by Charles Reich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 May 1971 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Jamie Luner: American actress who first came to prominence on the ABC sitcom Just the Ten of Us, but is perhaps better known for her role as Lexi Sterling on Melrose Place.
- Tommy Johnson: WLAF cornerback (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Craig Novitsky: NFL tackle (New Orleans Saints).
- Jamie Luner in Palo Alto: California, USA; actress (Cindy - Just the 10 of Us).
- Doug Basham: American professional wrestler.
- Brian Havlin: American homicide victim who was shot nine times on 7/30/1996, dying two days later during surgery, 7:34 AM.
- Kristin Asbjørnsen: Norwegian singer (Dadafon Krøyt Kvitretten).
- Heinie Manush: American baseball player and manager (d. 1971).
- Rolling Stone Mick Jagger weds Bianca Macias at St. Tropez Town Hall
- An earthquake in Turkey destroys most of the city of Burdur.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Bread - If
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?