Monday 12 May 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norbert Stolzenburg and Canute Edwards.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Devil'S Advocate by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1952 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Norbert Stolzenburg: German footballer.
- Canute Edwards: Jamaican-British musician, the former lead guitarist and singer with the rock group "Lynx" who put out six albums from the time they formed in 1981.
- Charlton Playground named in Bronx
- Gaj Singh is crowned Maharaja of Jodhpur.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?