Sunday November 12, 1989US date format: 11/12/1989, UK date format: 12/11/1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 12, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Rippon and Paul Jessup.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to When I See You Smile by Bad English.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Willy the Sparrow, directed by József Gémes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Some Can Whistle by Larry McMurtry was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sweet Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Al Unser Jr.'s Turbo Racing or F-1 Pilot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 November 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1989 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Adam Rippon: Athlete.
- Paul Jessup: Actor (Mikie-Baby Talk).
- Ryan Jessup: Actor (Mikie-Baby Talk).
- Gino Santos: Filipino director and producer.
- Grand Hotel opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 1018 performances
- Brazil holds its first free presidential election since 1960.
- Brazil holds its first free presidential election since 1960. This marks the first time that all Ibero-American nations, excepting Cuba, have elected constitutional governments simultaneously.
Sport Games on 12 November 1989
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 3 - 45
- Chicago Bears - Pittsburgh Steelers : 20 - 0
- Cleveland Browns - Seattle Seahawks : 17 - 7
- Dallas Cowboys - Phoenix Cardinals : 20 - 24
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- New Kids On The Block - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind)
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
Top #10 R&B songs
- Surface - You Are My Everything
- Jermaine Jackson - Don't Take It Personal
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
- Stephanie Mills - Home
- Jody Watley - Everything
- Chuckii Booker - (Don't U Know) I Love U
- Cheryl Lynn - Everytime I Try To Say Goodbye
- The S.O.S. Band - I'm Still Missing Your Love
- Somebody For Me - Heavy D & The Boyz
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
Top #10 Latin songs
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
- No Digas No - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?