Thursday 30 November 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimír Weiss .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Blame It On The Rain by Milli Vanilli.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Christmas Vacation, directed by Jeremiah Chechik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Wonderful Life by Stephen Jay Gould was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching True Blue.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B.A.T. or Don Doko Don.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1989 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Alfred Herrhausen: German CEO (Deutsche Bank), murdered at 59.
- Deutsche Bank board member Alfred Herrhausen is killed by a Red Army Faction terrorist bomb.
- In a meeting with Pope John Paul II, President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev pledges greater religious freedom for citizens of the Soviet Union.
- Cold War: East Germany's parliament abolishes the constitutional provision granting the Communist-dominated SED its monopoly on power. Egon Krenz, the Politburo and the Central Committee resign 2 days later.
- A military coup attempt begins in the Philippines against the government of Philippine President Corazon C. Aquino, ending by December 9.
- The ''Solar Maximum Mission'' research satellite, launched in 1980, crashes back to earth.
- V. P. Singh takes office as Prime Minister of India.
- In the Republic of China legislative election, the Kuomintang suffers its worst election setback in 40 years in power, winning only 53% of the popular vote.
- The entire leadership of the East German Communist Party, including its General Secretary, Egon Krenz resigns.
- Cold War: In a meeting off the coast of Malta, U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev release statements indicating that the Cold War between their nations may be coming to an end.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- Richard Marx - Angelia
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Alice Cooper - Poison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?