Saturday November 11, 1989, Veteran's Day
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yanis Marshall and Taron Egerton.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to When I See You Smile by Bad English.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Willy the Sparrow, directed by József Gémes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sweet Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destiny of an Emperor or Don Doko Don.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1989 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Taron Egerton: Actor.
- Yanis Marshall: Choreographer.
- Patrick Simondac: YouTube Star.
- Adam Rippon: American figure skater.
- Reina Tanaka: Japanese singer and actress (Morning Musume Elegies High-King and Morning Musume Otomegumi).
- Lewis Williamson: Scottish race car driver.
- Prince of Central Park closes at Belasco Theater NYC after 4 performances
- Louie Espinoza inaugurated as WBO World Featherweight Champion.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- New Kids On The Block - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind)
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
Top #10 R&B songs
- Surface - You Are My Everything
- Jermaine Jackson - Don't Take It Personal
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
- Stephanie Mills - Home
- Jody Watley - Everything
- Chuckii Booker - (Don't U Know) I Love U
- Cheryl Lynn - Everytime I Try To Say Goodbye
- The S.O.S. Band - I'm Still Missing Your Love
- Somebody For Me - Heavy D & The Boyz
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
Top #10 Latin songs
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
- No Digas No - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?