Tuesday 13 April 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Losers, directed by Sylvain White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las Aparicio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader or Lego Harry Potter: Years 1–4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 April 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 April
- A 6.9-magnitude earthquake occurs in Qinghai, China, killing at least 2,000 and injuring more than 10,000.
- Nuclear Security Summit:
- President of the United States Barack Obama opening the biggest international meeting hosted by the US since 1945, greets leaders from nearly 50 countries. World leaders at the summit hear dire warnings of the danger of nuclear material falling into the wrong hands. (BBC News)
- The Georgian president, Mikheil Saakashvili, says that his government thwarted an attempt to sell highly-enriched uranium on the black market last month. (The Guardian)
- Hu Jintao, President of the People's Republic of China, meets with President Barack Obama to discuss Iran's nuclear program. (CNN)
- A bar of radioactive Cobalt-60 found in a New Dehli market causes life-threatening radiation sickness in one person and contingency measures from the authorities. (ampquotThe Faster Timesampquot)
- Kyrgyzstan's ousted president Kurmanbek Bakiyev says he will resign if the interim government guarantees his family's safety. (Al Jazeera)
- A huge glacier breaks off and plunges into a lake in Peru sparking a 23-metre high tsunami wave that destroyed a nearby town. The massive chunk of ice - around the size of four football pitches - tumbled into the '513 lake' in the Andes near Carhuaz, around 200 miles north of Lima. (''The Peruvian Times'')
- Israel tells all of its citizens visiting the Sinai Peninsula to leave immediately after Israeli intelligence warns that a terror cell may be planning to kidnap an Israeli national and bring him to Gaza. (''The Telegraph'')
- A group of Lebanese politicians play a match of association football to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Lebanese Civil War. AFP
- The body of Poland's First Lady, Maria Kaczyńska, is flown to Warsaw to lie in state alongside that of her husband, President Lech Kaczyński. Poland has seen an outpouring of grief since the couple and scores of other senior Polish officials died in a plane crash in western Russia on Saturday. (Xinhua)
- 11 people are killed in Isabela City, Philippines, after 25 suspected members of the Abu Sayyaf extremist group clash with security forces. (CNN)
- UK General Election countdown
- All 103 passengers and crew escape alive after a Boeing 737-300 overruns the runway at Rendani Airport, Manokwari, Indonesia. (''Aviation Herald'')
- A mentally ill man goes on a stabbing rampage outside a primary school in southern China, killing two and wounding five. (The Telegraph)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 April 2010
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Villarreal : 3 - 0
- Sp Gijon - Tenerife : 0 - 2
- Valladolid - Sevilla : 2 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Reading - Newcastle : 1 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Grays : 0 - 2
- Forest Green - Crawley Town : 1 - 0
- Luton - Histon : 6 - 3
- Mansfield - Rushden & D : 3 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Morton - Ross County : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
One of Arsenal’s biggest shareholders decided to sell her stake in the British Premier League club on Monday, raising the possibility of a takeover bid for the north London side, according to press reports. [..]
The highest close since September 2008 was the latest marker in a rally that has brought Wall Street back from the brink. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.94
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.14
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.58
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $53.89
- 1 CHF = 6.4748 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8156 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0518 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.34 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?