Sunday 13 April 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Touch My Body by Mariah Carey.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
Deception, directed by Marcel Langenegger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kung Fu Femmes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army of Two or Chuck Norris: Bring on the Pain.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 2008
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 April 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 April
- John Wheeler: American physicist and educator (Born 1911).
- In Augusta, Georgia, the final round of the U.S. Masters golf tournament is held. Trevor Immelman wins by three shots over Tiger Woods, with a score of 75, the first South African to win the U.S. Masters in 30 years.
- Trevor Immelman of South Africa wins the 2008 Masters Tournament. (Reuters via ABC)
- Robert Zoellick, the president of the World Bank, calls for immediate action to tackle rising food prices which have caused rioting in several countries. (AP via Google News)
- Deputy Prime Minister of Kosovo Hajredin Kuçi announces that the newly independent country plans to open 20 embassies abroad. (PressTV)
- The Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd announces that current Governor of Queensland Quentin Bryce will become Australia's next Governor-General. Ms Bryce will be the first woman appointed to the role. (News.com.au)
- Thousands of pro-China demonstrators gathered in front of the Canadian Parliament Building in Ottawa to show their support for the Chinese government and 2008 Beijing Olympics. (CTV)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 April 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Empoli - Parma : 1 - 1
- Genoa - Torino : 3 - 0
- Inter - Fiorentina : 2 - 0
- Lazio - Siena : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Germinal : 2 - 0
- Club Brugge - Cercle Brugge : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Dortmund : 5 - 0
- Leverkusen - Stuttgart : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - CZ Jena : 2 - 0
- Hoffenheim - Aachen : 1 - 2
- M'gladbach - Greuther Furth : 3 - 0
- Offenbach - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Flex - Te Quiero
- Gotas De Agua Dulce - Juanes
- Donde Estan Corazon - Enrique Iglesias
- Te Llore - Conjunto Primavera
- El Perdedor - Aventura
- Sobre Mis Pies - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Si No Te Hubieras Ido - Mana
- Ahora Es - Wisin & Yandel
- Sin Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Conteo Regresivo - Gilberto Santa Rosa
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?